Business cards are one of the near important networking instruments you need in your pursuit for increasing referrals. Just imagine of a situation where twenty to thirty people use your business cards and hand them over to prospective customers. Business cards are the most important single business tool. It is compact, efficient, costs less, low-tech, and the best part is that business cards keep working for you for hours, weeks and also years. I mean, if somebody has got your business card, he can call you for the same product or service even after years.
A few of the jobs done by the business cards are:
- Communicates to public your company name and your business name
- Offers hot and war prospects with a way to meet you
- Lets customers a feel of your style and your work
- The card can be stylish, unusual, attractive, and strange or funny which can help give a lasting impression in the memory of a customer just like a good TV ad or a radio ad
- It can be used again and again when it passes hands from individual to individual, all the time disbursing the same message about you and your company
The two important functions of your business cards are to gain business from the individual you pass it to and to popularize your name out to new customers with whom the first person comes in link with, through referrals. With that aspect in mind, let’s look at the most effective ways to use your business cards.
Make your Cards Accessible in All Situations:
Never go out of you home without them! Have a small box of the cards in your car’s glove box, just in case when you require more than what you have taken in your purse. Also keep them in your wallet, briefcase or computer bags. In short, make it 100% sure that you never run out of them.
Also keep in mind to reorder them, when they come to dangerous levels of exhaustion.
Search for Situations to Exchange the Cards:
Don’t pass any opportunity where you can pass it to prospective clients and referral sources that you want to develop. Whether it is a one to one business meeting or a group of individuals, make it a point to give everyone your business cards. At social events, make sure you have enough of cards when you enter. These places can help increase your network.