Solar power panels could be placed on many roof types. The sections could be moved up in addition to flush-mounted. It’s much simpler to discover the rafters once the roof is off and away to install the mounts for that sections. The mounts have to be guaranteed with stainless lag bolts bolted in to the roof rafters. Shingle roofs are simple to use because you will find no special needs needed. Tile roofs take time and effort to set up on and moving solar power panels across them can be tough.
Things that you will need are:
- Solar power panels
- Mounting package
- Tar and heater
- Safety goggles
1. Take away the tiles at times in which the mount is going to be installed.
2. Discover the rafters having a stud finder, then make use of a laser sight or chalk line to for any straight-line mark where each mount goes. Make use of a drill to pre-drill having a pilot bit to stay away of splitting the rafters.
3. Install the mounts in which the holes you’ve made earlier with stainless lag bolts.
4. Place metal flashing within the mounts and hot-mop (seal with tar and warmth) round the mounts. Secure the metal rails towards the mounting posts with .375 bolts.
5. Cut an opening in to the tile to suit snugly within the mounting bracket and seal with tar.
6. Install the solar power panels and fix them into an assortment.
7. Install the conduit and run the wires for connecting the sections towards the inverter.
Tips and Alerts
Always put on safety goggles.